The annual Game Developers Conference began today on a Federal holiday, for reasons no one can understand, but it's a big event, with a lot going on. First, of course, was our press release this morning that Meez has gone gold with our Meez Games Channel (here), including the integration of 50 3rd party web games already launched with our API.
In less than an hour per game, our Meez Games API gives developers the ability to easily:
- Integrate a Meez avatar into the web game itself, similar to how you can create an avatar on the Nintendo Wii and use with Wii Sports and other games. The first example is our internal game Bar Room Blitz available here at Facebook.
- Integrate a Meez emoticon avatar into the shell surrounding the game. This avatar will react to the user's gameplay, appearing happy when things go well, and getting angry when the user fails. This is a great way to bring identity to games which don't have humans in the game itself
- Integrate the high scores, challenges, badges and other viral features of key social media sites
- Generate Meez currency "coinz" for game play, which can be used to purchase additional virtual items, driving more gameplay
- Get access to the fast-growing Meez Games Channel, now available at Meez, Friendster Games, Perfspot Games and our Meez Roomz Facebook application, with more social media sites and partnerships appearing monthly
- Generate ad revenue through our ad sales relationships with top agencies around the world.
We will always focus on featuring higher quality flash games in the Meez Games Channel, but with 50 games already in production and another 50 in process, we have a robust, market leading catalog of 3rd party games. And we feel that the avatar integration piece is a unique part of our system which is driving a lot of happy usage, as well as revenue for third party game publishers, so now it's time to ramp it up.
For more information on the Meez Games Channel API, contact Meez at: firstname.lastname@example.org.